Favorite Verse of the Moment

"The Lord is faithful to all His promises and loving toward all He has made." Psalm 145:13

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Cherry St - Black Mtn, NC


It's gray, gloomy, and blah today in East Tennessee. The volunteer state is dyin' for some sun! I was in desperate need of some "happy thoughts" today so I pulled out a painting of one of my favorite family vacation spots. Two summers ago my family and I visited the most wonderful little community. We were looking for a quiet, beautiful place to vacation. We stayed at Inn Around the Corner in Black Mtn, NC. It's a fantastic B&B. Our hosts, Roger and Nancy Schnepp, were so gracious, genuine, entertaining, and helpful. The food, company, hospitality, and quarters were great. If you're ever looking for a beautiful little town with great restaurants, great people, and inspiring arts/crafts (no cookie-cutter stuff here) close to Asheville, you have to stop in Black Mountain! Pictured here is a painting I did of Cherry St. Incidentally, I've lost my map of Black Mtn. so if you live in Black Mtn. and care to correct me if needed, please do. :)

NFS

No comments:

Post a Comment