Favorite Verse of the Moment

"The Lord is faithful to all His promises and loving toward all He has made." Psalm 145:13

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Ode to Jeans


I work at an awesome private school. The students are required to wear uniforms, and teachers? No jeans. Unless...it's a "no-uni" day. Twice a month students dress to a fun theme and we raise a little bit of money for a group in need of some financial support. I personally LOVE jeans. Maybe it's because I am not allowed to wear them to work. Absence makes the heart grow fonder? Yes. Even with comfortable pants it truly does. Here is my ODE to jeans. It was one of those nights when I needed to paint or I couldn't be still about it. My son, in his awesome, unspoiled, youthful wisdom, suggested I paint something fun. I did. It hangs in my office. It's goofy, yes. But I like it. It's, well...it's fun. Gotta have some of that now and then. And if anyone is wondering, "So, Julie, are there really benefits to uniforms?" YES, yes, and yes. I can always find my students quickly on the playground because I know their smiles, the tilt of their little heads, and the thing that really stands out is their personality...not their clothes. I think that's pretty awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment