Favorite Verse of the Moment

"The Lord is faithful to all His promises and loving toward all He has made." Psalm 145:13

Monday, October 11, 2010

Turning...


You've heard the expression "turning over a new leaf," well, I just feel like I've been turning lately. Nothing new yet, just going through the process and waiting for the newness to emerge. For something wonderful to come out of the blah-ness. For a month I've felt terrible. I thought I was heading toward some form of chronic fatigue, or thyroid problems, or who knows what. Turns out vitamin d deficiency is extremely common in women despite the amount of sunlight you may get. Ladies... get your levels checked!!!

My pastor spoke Sunday on a verse that is posted in my classroom. A verse I overlook, obviously. "I am the vine, you are the branches." John 15:5 It really resonated with me. Why? I like to be the vine. Then I wonder why I'm so exhausted. Turns out a branch can't be the vine. Who knew? What a different message Christ gives than the one the world gives. The world says, "push harder, go faster, do more, be more excellent, get ahead." Seems that when I try to follow that mentality I only end up pushing myself to the edge, exhausted, frayed, frustrated and spent. How does that translate into a daily life experience, though? The message God has made sure to reiterate to me quite a few times lately is, "Stay in the moment. I am in the moment. I have tomorrow. If you try to take it from me you destroy the peace I've given you for today. You don't need to figure it all out. You aren't supposed to have the answers. Rely on me. Fear not. Don't push so hard. My strength is made perfect in your weakness. Just walk with me. Trust me."

So, I guess I'll just be content with the turning... and let Him do the new leaf thing. He's much better qualified. :) Peace everyone!

6 comments:

  1. Devotional thoughts just as beautiful as the picture. Very truthful in my life as well. Thanks for the inspiration & beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Jenny. Here's to letting Him have His way in us... and letting Him do His thing. Yes, please remind me I said that when it's time for me to re-learn this lesson. :)
    Love to you, gal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so amazed how you can put a Christian perspective on your lovely works of art. God has really gifted you, and of course, you are willing to share your thoughts, which blesses and uplifts your audience. Thank you for your beautiful painting and your message.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alanna,
    Thanks so much for visiting the blog, and for your kind words. What a sweet gift! I've never been able to hide my feelings. I wear them. People can always tell... I guess that's how it is with my struggles. I feel compelled to share them. If you feel uplifted, I am blessed. God's blessings, friend. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Julie, Hope you are feeling better!! I can certainly relate with vitamin deficiency. Your frogs remind me of what I always told the kids at church F.R.O.G.-Fully Rely on God. Your words and paintings were a reminder for me this morning. Beautiful work you are doing!!

    Feel better!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Carol,
    Thanks so much for the well wishes! I am feeling better. Congratulations on your recent gallery success! I'm so happy to see that your work is being appreciated and recognized! As for the F.R.O.G..... I post what I need reminding of, it seems. So awesome to know He can be trusted! I am learning to rely on Him more and more. God's blessings my talented TN friend!

    ReplyDelete