Favorite Verse of the Moment

"The Lord is faithful to all His promises and loving toward all He has made." Psalm 145:13

Friday, March 21, 2014

Changes - A New Leaf



It has been such a long time since I put brush to canvas.  This painting represents the change that is going on in my life right now and the beauty of possibility within that change.  I've heard it said that God loves His children too much to let them stay the same.  I do believe He likes to see us grow and move forward.  Stagnancy is never good.  I suppose that's one of the reasons I have enjoyed teaching for as long as I have - each day is filled with new challenges, new material, and new lessons for both teacher and students.  My change at the end of this school year is to begin pursuing both my writing and my art full time.  I am ecstatic, frightened, energized, and I feel like a new student at the first day of class.  This is life class.  And like my students I find myself wondering if the "teacher" will be kind, strict, forgiving.  I'm wondering if she'll have a sense of humor. I'm wondering about the new friends I'll meet and the adventures I'll have.  I am a student again.  

This last year has taught me that there is much listening I need to do.  I have a long way to go.  I feel as if I've left the close companionship of Christ to venture out on my own.  I'm ready to be a student there as well.  I'm so thankful that while I change, and need changing, He never does.  He is the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow.  His love never fades or grows weary.  He never gets impatient with His students.  He applauds our efforts, cheers our successes, celebrates each tiny victory from a glance His way when it's needed to a blessing shared, a life changed, or a comfort given. And His correction is gentle.  What a teacher. What a Savior.    
Blessings!

But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you.  John 14:26  NIV

No comments:

Post a Comment