Favorite Verse of the Moment

"The Lord is faithful to all His promises and loving toward all He has made." Psalm 145:13

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

The Sitter



This is one that makes me feel peaceful. I loved this fat, round little body on the original photo. I was pleased with how the fence turned out. It was a lot of fun to do. I was happy with how the underpainting shows through on his little head as well. It adds a pinkish glow to the blue around his eyes. I'm sure there is much that could be said regarding my technique. I welcome the critiques from those with experience! Being a novice it felt like a bit of a success...at least at this stage of the game for me. What is it about birds, though? I continue to be captivated by the little guys. I'm not a bird watcher. I don't have the patience to sit and wait for them like those out in the field. I give total respect to those who wait, watch, and take the pictures. I had planned to link the photographer when I posted, but when I checked my original photo copy I couldn't find a signature on it as some photos have. I googled but got discouraged after page 30. Regardless, here's a little verse for your day...for those of us who are completely worry - prone. Sometimes you have to hear it more than once to let it sink in. Blessings!

8 x 8
Acrylic on gallery wrapped canvas

"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important thatn food, and the body more important than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?" Matthew 6:25-27

2 comments:

  1. Julie, I love this little bird! You did a great job with it—so soft and sweet. This would be adorable in a babies room. Great verse to go with it—one I need to post in my home where I can see it everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carol,
    Thank you so much for your kind comments! I am so thrilled you liked it. It's great confirmation/encouragement to keep doing what I like to do. What a blessing! As for the verse, I need to post it myself. It's funny, the things I share almost always resonate most strongly with me. I'm a worrier. I struggle daily to remember God's got it all under control. Glad He's patient. :)
    Take care, and thanks again!

    ReplyDelete