Favorite Verse of the Moment

"The Lord is faithful to all His promises and loving toward all He has made." Psalm 145:13

Monday, May 10, 2010

Quite a Pair



This little number is a late (non)submission after a challenge that was posted on the website Paint and Draw Together. I loved the photo and decided I would try my hand at it. I worked and reworked (and reworked) the shading/shadows on this one. It was a great challenge for me. I would like to paint in again, do it in another style as well. I was looking at the little pears and thinking of the message that seems to be following me around a lot lately. One pear is standing, the other seems to have fallen to it's little knees. Some days are like that. Some days I feel so strong and I want to stand bravely soaking in the Son-shine, other days I feel I have so little to give and wonder how I'll ever contribute anything worthwhile... I'm so glad I don't have to rely on my own strength - in fact, I'm being reminded quite a bit lately that the on the knees part, being open, being empty of myself is the best place to be. When I'm less of the focus, He can be more. Hmm... sounds pretty freeing. Maybe I'll stand and sing! :)
8 x 10
acrylic on gallery wrapped canvas
contact me for pricing and availability

3 comments:

  1. I love your palette for this painting! Great brushwork and highlights also. Thanks for sharing your heart and faith so openly through your art. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carol,
    Thanks so much! I am so thankful that in art, as in life, we just keep learning. I am so happy that you like the painting, and find my little blurbs/ramblings meaningful. God is awesome! If He can take what I say and make it mean something for someone else, hey, I'm all for it! He's got a pretty cool plan - sometimes we bless others with our stories/testimonies in life, sometimes we're the ones blessed. Take care and God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Julie,
    Love the different colors you've used on this pair of pears. It works.

    ReplyDelete