Favorite Verse of the Moment

"The Lord is faithful to all His promises and loving toward all He has made." Psalm 145:13

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Freeform Trees



Wow. I'm amazed (and embarrassed) it's been so long since I've posted! I've been trying to get my head into getting back into the classroom while hanging on to the last shreds of summer. I guess all of my creativity is being utilized elsewhere?! This painting I've called "freeform trees" because when I began it I had no intention of doing trees, and, well, they are so free form. I picked up the color and just began moving it around the canvas. Autumn colors are my favorite so I just had to add them up against the vivid blue background. I enjoyed myself. I'm ready for fall, for the cool in the air, the smell and crunch of the leaves. I'm ready for cool mornings, hot chocolate, chicken pot pie in the evenings, a great glass of wine that warms you going down. Ahhhh. I think about the wonderful changes that make each season a welcome change and I can't help but smile and appreciate the Creator who enjoys variety so much He included it in each and every thing He created. I love that about Him. It's like He knew we'd get bored, need change, want to take in the splendor of new and different things, but needed a bit of security and familiarity too. As a painting novice, and one of His kids, I gotta respect that even more. And how cool is it that He lets us enjoy being creative and gave us so much to inspire us.
God's blessings.
10 x 10
acrylic

4 comments:

  1. I have missed your posts, but I figured you were being creative elsewhere. Your words are always such a comfort. Thanks for reminding us fall is around the corner with this beautiful painting. As you know this Tennessee heat can wear you down. I have been wanting to get out side and paint, but not in 100 degrees! Hope you have a great start to the school year!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carol,
    So great to hear from you! I've enjoyed the beautiful paintings you've done since your trip so much but I'm afraid I haven't stopped long enough to tell you! I want to go out west so badly! I'll get there eventually. ;) Thanks for the well wishes! God's blessings to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty, for some reason seeing the pictures with the words you write make it hit home more, more profound. Thanks always for the inspiration. I did science expirements with devotions, maybe you could do art with devotions. It was amazing to see how creative the students would be!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jenny!
    Thanks so much. I'm so glad you felt my notes were meaningful. I always hope they will be when I write them. Great idea about art and devotions! I love it! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete