Favorite Verse of the Moment

"The Lord is faithful to all His promises and loving toward all He has made." Psalm 145:13

Sunday, August 15, 2010

A Poppy Break



I was taking a break from my school preparations, looking through some websites for art to add to my blah green kitchen sitting room area. I feel like I'm in a hayfield when I'm in there. For someone who loves color so much, ya sure wouldn't know it by lookin' in there! Green and tan, shades of brown. Ugh. After browsing several sites I decided to do my own version of a poppy - a little mini inspiration piece... a "poppy" break. Pardon the potty humor. I have a 9 year old. Anyway, here is the result of my little break. A quick slap of color here and there and 'sigh' I felt much better. Every once in awhile we all need to stop and take a break to enjoy the beautiful colors in God's creation.
God bless!
6 x 6
Acrylic
Gallery wrapped canvas

2 comments:

  1. I actually think this is one of my favorites! Not bad for a quick slap of color!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenny,
    Glad to hear that there is some appeal in what I'm doing. I know I enjoy it! Thanks for commenting - and yes, I did enjoy a beverage prior to painting (a little reference to your comment that was NOT postable!) There are so many incredibly talented, classically trained artists out there whose work is so amazing and so way out of my league. I really appreciate you checkin' in on UNtrained me. I sure am having a great time! I'm thrilled you like my poppy! You made my day, girl!
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete