Favorite Verse of the Moment

"The Lord is faithful to all His promises and loving toward all He has made." Psalm 145:13

Monday, August 30, 2010

The Three




God has been workin' on me lately. I'm enjoying so much learning how much He intends for His children to live lives of freedom. I'm learning how much I've put limits on Him in my own mind. I've spent more time in quiet and less in asking for things. I've spent more time writing and less time painting. I'm re-learning how important organization is, especially when you've got 18 sets of little eyes staring at you. There's no such thing as "down time." You snooze, you lose them. And, I'm remembering how much I love teaching.

I wanted to do something more about quiet and peace and less about subject matter. I plugged in my ipod, closed my door, and spent the most awesome time basically singing/worshipping while I painted. I had no vision at all except for the blue and orange. I knew I wanted some circles there. When I finished (singing more than painting) I ended up staring at this painting. It makes me so happy when I look at it. I know it's just a total personal connection I have to it. But, that's what art is for, I guess.

God's blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment