Favorite Verse of the Moment

"The Lord is faithful to all His promises and loving toward all He has made." Psalm 145:13

Saturday, April 16, 2011

"Birthday" Cardinal

Shhhhh!  This is a birthday present for a lady I work with.  She mentioned that she liked cardinals.  Hope she likes this one.  Something about that vibrant red color just takes my breath away.  My students are always asking my favorite color.  I tell them I couldn't live without red.  I have red in every room in my home and my classroom too.  It's the color of life, of passion, of love.

During this Lenten season it has especially powerful meaning. I think of Christ's blood, His sacrifice.  I am extremely blessed to work in a school where the passion for Christ is as strong as it is.  My son's teacher recently told her class that if they remember nothing else she has taught them this year, they must remember that it is completely impossible to out-sin God's love.  It makes sense if you think about it... He has seen it all.  Nothing could surprise Him.  Yet because of our sinfulness He sent His Son to take the punishment for our sins so we could be reconciled with Him - made right, made righteous.  The Bible says, "The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective." James 5:16 (NIV) I look at the cardinals in my yard and I think of all of the reasons to sing, to celebrate my Savior who found me worth His very life.  There is no other love like that. So, Happy Birthday my friend.  Happy Easter to all.  May God's love be made evident to you through the power of the Holy Spirit.  May He make His love for you known.  Celebrate His love, His death, His resurrection and your victory with Him, your new life. "

No comments:

Post a Comment