Favorite Verse of the Moment

"The Lord is faithful to all His promises and loving toward all He has made." Psalm 145:13

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Stir Fry

I took a picture of these peppers one evening before cutting them up for stir fry.  The painting began as kind of a different approach for me...more like an experiment.  I worked with some acrylic medium I'd never used before.  I didn't love the transluscent effect it gave the paint and ended up feeling as if I'd overworked what began as a nice free piece.  I'm going to try it again with a bigger brush and allow myself less brush strokes.  It was a fun nights project.

I am determined I'm going to begin doing some experimenting with different tools and mediums which means getting away from the idea of a finished piece and allowing myself to mess up a lot in order to learn.  Will be worth it though.

8 x 8 Acrylic

God's blessings everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment