Favorite Verse of the Moment

"The Lord is faithful to all His promises and loving toward all He has made." Psalm 145:13

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Collage


8 x 8
 acrylic on canvas board

Contentment.  That was my pastor's sermon today.  He spoke about contentment and learning to be happy with "enough."  That really spoke to me today.  I'm so full of striving.  I strive to be so much better at just about everything I do.  While it's so good to continue working toward a goal and learning, is it possible to continue learning without striving?  I've always heard that to strive to do more and be more is a good thing.  I'm not so sure sometimes.  I get so busy pushing myself harder and harder that I forget to stop and be in the moment I've been given.  I hold myself up to some standard that is only reflective of my own expectations ( many of which cannot be met ).

This painting is titled "Collage."  It is an assemblage of previous paint palettes,  a great shade of green and some cool acrylic medium.  It has great symbolism for me today.  It reminds me that God can take the bits of my life, good and bad, and work them into His perfect plan.  He can use it all and make it into something good.  Where I fall short, when I really mess up, and when I'm completely at my best - He takes all of that and is able to turn it into something worthwhile somehow.  "And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose."  Romans 8:28 What an amazing God.  How cool is that? Just goes to show...He truly IS "enough."
God's blessings!

2 comments:

  1. Once again I visit yor blog and I read what I néed to hear for the day. I am guilty of doing the same thing, and have had a gloomy day because of it. Thanks so for sharing yourself and His word in such a creative way! Love the painting and the symbolism it holds! He truly IS "enough."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carol,
    I am so happy you found what you needed to hear, and so sorry you had a gloomy day. My writing is always confessional. :) It's nice to know other people go through the same things some times. Thanks for posting. God's blessings my TN friend!

    ReplyDelete