Favorite Verse of the Moment

"The Lord is faithful to all His promises and loving toward all He has made." Psalm 145:13

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Reaching


12 x 12
acrylic on gallery wrapped canvas


This one is in honor of my nephew, Tyler and his Confirmation today. What an awesome and Holy moment - a young man confessing his faith in his Savior, professing his beliefs, and making a choice to follow Christ on what is definitely NOT an easy path, but so worth it. I am so proud of him. Witnessing that moment brought back so many memories - huge failures and the harsh consequences from choices made out of desperation instead of strength, times of forgiveness, tears, and heartache...and much healing.  And grace.  God's incredible grace.  As I sat in the church service this morning I wanted so badly to tell those boys all the lessons I'd learned, the hard lessons I could've avoided if only I'd listened, believed, asked, waited, hoped, held on, and loved myself more.  I thought of all the hard choices they have ahead, the mistakes, the fears...life. Then there was that phrase, "With the help of God."  What more could we ask for?  Those boys stood and promised to follow Him....with the help of God. And I felt peace realizing yet again that He knew us in advance, before our birth, before our first breath.  That's the point.  He went to the cross knowing us, knowing what our choices would mean for Him.  Yet He went.  And He comes.  He comes to each of us.  Quietly, gently, beautifully.  Are you reaching for something more?  Be assured that He is reaching for you.  Ask Him to make Himself known to you. Invite Him in and watch Him do something amazing in you.  God's blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment