Favorite Verse of the Moment

"The Lord is faithful to all His promises and loving toward all He has made." Psalm 145:13

Saturday, August 27, 2011

An Old Friend



It's been months since I've touched a brush to canvas.  It felt good tonight to paint again.  I've been working all summer on moving my classroom from one location in the building to another and planning for the year ahead.  It's funny, I always forget how long things take to do in the beginning, always underestimate the time involved in learning procedures, getting through lessons initially, and beginning to feel that rhythm that comes after getting to know each other for a few weeks. Once that is established the real fun can begin.

I've been thinking about my "Old Friend" today - about how incredibly well He knows me and how thankful I am that He has good plans for me.  I love that He knows what tomorrow holds and promises to walk right through every moment of  it with me.  I love that He sings over me.  He sings!  The Bible says so!  And I love that no matter what He never stops loving me.  He can't.  It's physically impossible because He IS love.  Crazy wonderful isn't it? Sometimes I don't notice Him, forget to talk with Him, forget that He already knows the stuff I'm worried about and has a solution and a plan.  I'm glad He forgives that too.
God's blessings everyone.

"For I know the plans I have for you declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you." Jeremiah 29:11-12


2 comments:

  1. It's a colorfull barn ! Good bless you Julie.
    Buy, Sam

    http://sampassionne.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete